Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Campaign Start

My name is Karl and I'm a gamer.

As time has gone by, I've gotten progressively more into gaming. First it was just RPGs on consoles. Then it was D&D 2nd edition. Brief hiatus until I got into college and then my hobby exploded. I started playing Palladium Boooks' Rifts, Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu, I got very much into Magic the Gathering and later Legend of the Five Rings, and the then new D&D 3.0 (I've continued console gaming as well).

Since I've gotten out of college I've manged to pare it down to just D&D 3.5 and will be incorporating Pathfinder into my games. I've become an avid mini painter, so much so that they were the decoration on my groom's cake when I got married. I've begun reading many blogs and and listening to podcasts about gaming.

Which leads us here, to this blog; the latest step in my gaming career. I plan to write my thoughts and philosophies on gaming, DMing, character and world building, as well as tweaks to systems and evalutations of products. I plan on asking members of my gaming group to contribute to this as well; as I've had many a lengthy discussion with them that I think are informative.

I'm not sure what the posting schedule will be like, as I've never attempted a project of this nature before.

Until the next post, happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment